We’ll give you an overview of the LXDE interface on the Raspbian operating system, which is now called Raspberry Pi OS. You see an overview with short descriptions.
- Main menu: Here you can call up programs. Or you go to the system settings.
- Chromium Browser: Surf the Internet. Or call up Internet pages. You can use this browser for this. But there are also alternatives such as Firefox.
- File Manager: The file manager, similar to Windows Explorer in Windows. Here you can browse folders. But also create files. Or you delete the files. Favorites can also be created.
- Terminal: In the terminal you can execute commands using the Linux command line.
- Taskbar: The taskbar can be positioned in various places.
- Bluetooth symbol: Shows you whether your Bluetooth is switched on. And when you click on it, which connections you can establish.
- (W) LAN symbol: Here you can set your internet connection via WLAN. You can also see whether the connection works.
- Volume symbol: Here you can see how your volume is set. You can also change your volume when you click on it.
- Time: Here you can see the current time setting. You will also get a calendar when you click.
- Recycle bin: Here you can permanently delete your deleted files or folders.
- Desktop: The desktop with a background image. You can of course adapt the picture to your wishes.
Tips and tricks for Raspbian
See here if you want to know how to do it Operating system on an SD card brings:
You will also learn how to install the PHP framework Laravel on your operating system.
And if you want to get into the LXDE interface, check out this post!
There is currently a really great project going on. This is about supporting education in Africa. More information is available at: Documentation from Abiola gGmbH . In addition, further articles and pages will follow here as well. Among other things, these then give an overview of the user interface. We also present commands and functions. Stay tuned.